View Single Post
Old 13th April 2019, 12:08   #325
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool 10 months today.........................

................................................ I have been here in my little house in Saltash. That time has flown by. And now I’m packing everything away for my next move, and I cannot wait. At last I’ll have a place I can call my own. Don’t get me wrong renting is ok but I just want to put my stamp on my home.

The plus side of renting is if anything goes wrong like my boiler then it’s just a phone call to the letting agents and it gets fixed at no cost to me. So I’ve had a new boiler fitted, had a new cistern fitted and the drains unblocked, that was down to the neighbour next door and her two sons.
The downside of renting is having to ask permission to do anything. I asked about revamping the back garden. That was ok but it would be at my cost. Thought about it but decided against it.

Can I repaint the living room, yes but must be neutral colours. Can I take up the carpet, no. I like a wooden floor easier to keep clean. The carpet has been down a long time and it shows. Sort of a light tan colour, and I have to vacuum every day. In the two bedrooms it’s only underlay. Could I get some carpet laid, yes but at my cost. Got a nice rug in my bedroom and the second bedroom is only used for storage.

I’m glad I found this house though. Suits me fine. On the end of a small terrace. Pub around the corner along with the bus stop. Shop across the road along with a fish n chip takeaway. Church on the corner and at the other end of the road is the rugby club along with my local garage.
The new house is in a vehicle cul de sac. You can get through on foot. I’m the last house on the left. Nothing in front of me except the rooftops of the house further along.
In the distance is the remains of Tremanto Castle keep. The grounds have a large mansion house in, once owned by Prince Charles who used to rent it out for £8,000 a week.

I have thrown away stuff I brought down from Essex, “I’ll keep that as it might be handy, at some point”, syndrome. For a single bloke I have a lot of useless stuff. Must have nigh on 30 glasses, 16 mugs, numerous plates, more cutlery than Buck house. But only 2 armchairs plus two dinner chairs and a single bed.
But that will all change once I have moved, local charity shops are in for a treat. Plus there are clothes to be chucked. I have already got rid of 20 odd t shirts, ‘Alf a dozen pairs of trousers. No way will they ever fit me again.

So all in all I’m still loving it down here, still have no desire to return to Essex. Although I do miss my mate Bob for a beer. I suppose I miss Michael, but I’m hoping he will come down soon. That will be an experience for the locals, bless him. I miss going to the cemetery to have a chat with my Val. But I know she is here with me. I chat to her every day. Plenty of memories to keep me going.

Be glad when Banana is home, missing her. Still the Bear and Redfive keep my wallet in good health.

So, no going back......................

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote