Old 22nd May 2020, 09:33   #152759
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisop48 View Post
Morning Peeps!!!
Had a great ride yesterday. Polish War Memorial ( Remember that Phil, with Ed and the Feds)
White Bear Ruislip, Ickenham, Uxbridge. Slow rear puncture. (21 stone wot did it)
Then near Hillingdon Hospital the "piece de resistance" 100 psi front tire deflated in 2 seconds flat. Found some shade, changed tube, refitted tire, could only manage to put 50 psi back in with mickey mouse pump. Leisurely wander home. 14 miles in total

Still 21 stone fat bar steward. Minimal beer, glass of wine with dinner. Pints of water. Walk most days with SWMBO (occasionly). Must loose some soon!!!!
Good morning all and good morning Peter. That is quite a ride you had 14 miles. Bad luck about the puncture and the ballast! Keep on cycling You are doing well being able to get out and walk most days.

I do remember the Polish War Memorial incident, October 17, 2017 when Ed's cruise control would not disengage and his brakes failed. For those who don't know, we were driving along the A40 towards London at around 9pm when an RTA blocked the road ahead of us. I was in the front passenger seat and Ed (Rover54) was driving. Cut a long story short, Ed's fantastic and skilful driving managed to scrape us through a gap in the road between the smashed up trucks and cars. A police officer had to jump out of the way to stop being knocked down. He did not hang around for very long and chased us for 1 - 2 miles down the road. Ed was later directed to pull off the A.40 at the Polish War Memorial where Peter very kindly gave me a lift to my home in North London. Ed went into shock and an ambulance took him to hospital for a check up and treatment. He was released in the early hours of the morning. The fault was down to a corroded pipe and not driver error.

IMG_0547
by philip Gate Keeper, on Flickr

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 22nd May 2020 at 09:37..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote