View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2015, 17:11   #15
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Hi just a quick update as I hate leaving threads unfinished..
Last night I did exactly what Brian suggested. This morning I started up my car and went on my merry way. After a good 30 mile blast down the quiet early morning roads I started to notice the engine " tone " change ever so slightly. To begin with I just thought it was the old placebo effect but a few more miles the engine just got sweeter and sweeter. The old girl was sounding more refined and less agricultural. Whilst stationary and the auto box in drive position the engine was ticking over nice and smoothly as before it was always lumpy.
This afternoon I had the shock of my life. I had to put my foot right down to avoid the usual onslaught of suicidal drivers and my tyres started wheel spinning and screeching in distress much to my embarrassment . I have never known my tyres to let go in such a fashion before in all the time I've owned the car.
I recommend to everybody here to treat there car to a bottle of Forte injector cleaner. It seems to have turned mine into a different beast. Smoother , more refined, and a lot more livelier For a paltry £15 a bottle its well worth doing. Many thanks to you Brian for helping me out on this.
Another happy customer.
Johnny