Thread: Aytobe Sat Nav
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2007, 10:00   #3
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Hi,

I have came across some info, do not take my word that this works and follow at your own risk
o
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/module...r=asc&start=15

OK, to start with. The nav software is only installed to the SD card so the changes I made are not warrantee voiding. I didn't have a spare SD to hand so I backed up the 512 one that came with thte unit.

Trick one is to install TomTom. The Aytobe doesn't allow SD autobooting installs as far as I can tell so you need to have a file stucture that is sorta the same as the old software on the card.

The nav icon on the main screen is simply a shortcut to a predefined file: \MMC_Storage\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe So thats the target, to install TT with the main Navigator.exe renamed to MobileNavigator.exe and in that location above too.

The next thing you need is the SD card version of TT backed up. This need to incude the program directory where the main .exe file exists.

Now, blow all of TT onto a new card, and create a folder on the card named MobileNavigator

Move the Navigator.exe (TT) to \MMC_Storage\MobileNavigator\ and rename it MobileNavigator.exe

Now fire up the unit and click your Nav icon. You should see the TT splash screen. Go into preferences and restore factory defaults (or whatever that icon is), answer all the questions and close the application.

Now move the contents of the folder \MMC_Storage\voices\ to \MMC_Storage\MobileNavigator\voices\

Now fire up the unit again, and check you can select the UK voice.
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote