View Single Post
Old 25th June 2010, 04:34   #17
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

As original as pos. Donīt -tart it up- Remember that the neglect is also a part of itīs history. Just make sure it doesnīt get any worse. If it gets tarted up then youīve lost the point. Iīve seen it doen so many times. Once youīve sprayed it itīs changed and will look like every other well kept Arron White car. If the paintwork is really that bad then get it done so that the paint is as good as you can get and then maybe do the battenburg to make it really presentable and -stand out-. The Battenburg is a bit of itīs history.

This very basic car must be rare in itīs self. Of course was made as a luxury car but the main thing about the 75 is the shape. Then after that the -pipe and slipper- bit. It will have to be about 40 before itīs -worth- anything. My Volvo 144 from 67 is totally unmolested. 50 thousand miles and all the small scratches and a rust spot are there. Just the same as when the clock stopped in 1990 (when I bought it). The 140 club here thought I should tart it up with all the extras etc but that would have destroyed itīs character. (I left the club) You can see that itīs totally original without looking too hard. People ask me if itīs been resprayed, and then you can see that it hasnīt. Time warp c:a 1970-75. Now that itīs 43 Iīve been offtered 4 times what I gave for it.

Iīm going to keep my pre-prod -luxury- saloon as it is. Luckily no-one has mucked it about and there arenīt too many dings and no rust. VIN 1149, before OVP and probably the oldest LHD car

Last edited by Roverowner; 17th August 2011 at 18:01..
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote