View Single Post
Old 4th April 2020, 13:50   #460
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool You never think it's.......................................

................................................ going to happen to you. You hear about the death toll constantly rising, and I was thinking if I might have known any of them. Did our paths cross at some point in the past? Then. Wham! You get not one but two phone calls in a space of twenty minutes. Two very special friends in hospital with this virus. And this morning I get the news that one has passed away.
I'm in shock, totally devastated. It has not sunk in. My neighbour from Barkingside. We grew up together. One of the family. Always in one and others homes.

And the second person is my late god sons' brother, Roger, who only flew back to this country last month to sort his brothers ex-wife and her criminal actions.
He said he would stay on because of the lock down to sort everything out. And now he is fighting for his life. He is in Guy's hospital so in the best place. And i cannot visit.

My god sons daughter has been tested positive but has been in quarantine in the house. Her partner and there baby were tested and found to be clear so they are staying with friends till the all clear is sounded.
I do not know how Roger became infected.

So my god sons ex-wife has been charged with breaking and entering, theft and criminal damage. Plus her two accomplices have also been charged. One of them told the police where most of the stolen stuff was being stored. So almost everything has been recovered. Some stuff has been sold on and some bits the ex-wife destroyed. Why? I don't suppose we will never know. The good thing is that she has pleaded guilty to all the charges. Currently out on bail, awaiting a court appearance.

Been here almost 10 months now, and nearly two years in Cornwall. I doubt very much that I will ever return to London. The only reason I may go back is when my niece gets married, was supposed to be in September this year but I think they have postponed till next year. I'm in constant touch with Michael, so I know that he is safe.
My two cousins were selling up in East london and moving out to live in Harold Wood in Essex, but that's all on hold till we get the all clear. Cousin Keith is with the Met Police, so is a key worker. Cousin Christine is retired. Her son Richard is a railway engineer so is still working.

My two other friends in Kent are both in the Police. John is also in the Met Police but works as a school liaison officer. But with no school work to be done he is out on the front line. Lisa can work from home as she is with the Kent Police but as a civilian. So her work is handled by computer.

I've been out in the garden this morning but my mind kept wandering off, leaving my brain behind. Did manage to cut the grass and done a bit of weeding. So sitting here writing this with a pint of cider as company, pondering on what to have for dinner.
I have been going for a walk most days to get some exercise. Not today but will start again tomorrow.

Stay safe my friends.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote