View Single Post
Old 10th March 2020, 10:12   #455
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool I love my butchers......................

........................................ in the Tamar Garden Centre complex, they have a very nice shop to the side of the garden centre. Well, last Sunday I decided to go and get my monthly meat supply. Took Banana, to give her a run, and parked up close to the butchers. Went in and selected what I wanted whilst the assistant got my order ready. I went to the chiller cabinet and selected a couple of large gammon steaks.

There was a couple of things they did not have, so I knew I would be back at some point in the week. Paid for my shopping and left. Decided to go onto Tesco’s at Callington to get a few bits, no loo rolls wanted. Parked up in the car park at the furthest point away from the entrance. The store was virtually empty of people but plenty of stock was evident on the shelves.

Got my shopping and came away. Got home and parked Banana up. Unloaded the shopping and went in. Put everything away except I did not seem to have my gammon rashers. Blast! I’ll have to go back. Then the phone rang, then one thing led to another including finding that my access door to the garage was falling apart. So needless to say I never went back to the butchers till today.

Still had my receipt plus I wrote down what I had bought on Sunday. Took Banana again. Parked up and went into the butchers and before I could open my mouth the guvnor produced a bag with my gammon rashers. Written on the bag was, “Customer left these two items behind on the 8th at 11.22. Spent £31.25. And he has a Yellow Car”. Well pleased with that. And just to prove how grateful I was I bought the rest of the meat that I wanted.

Honestly pays.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote