View Single Post
Old 8th March 2020, 07:16   #453
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool 9 months today..................

........................................ I moved in to my new home. Not a day goes by that have regretted that decision, nor the decision to move down here. Oh! Sure I do miss Barkingside but as each day goes by so the memories fade a bit more. Still have no desire to return to London. I know I should, and I’m not using the current medical situation as an excuse.

I keep in touch with me brother in law, about every two weeks. Rarely hear from my two cousins in East London. Only one friend from Barkingside keeps in touch. None of my old neighbours have bothered to stay in contact.
But it’s a new life, with new friends for me from now on.

I’m still keeping busy. Yesterday I attended the St.Pirans festival in Redruth with the Cornish MGOC. We had a 10 car turn out. Then I drove home in Banana. Had a bite to eat, showered, changed and then drove up to Newton Abbot in the Bear to a birthday party. The plan was not to stay very long as the tiredness was creeping in. But as you do once you start chatting. So it was nearly 11pm before I left.

And it was chucking it down and blowing a gale. The drive home was at a steady pace. But the Bear got me home safe.
Today is a chill out day, need to top up my batteries. And there is always dust to be moved around. Going to try and clean my inside windows today, there’s only 16 to do. That should keep me busy.
Dinner is already on the go in the slow cooker, just a plain beef casserole. Will do some veg later.

All house improvements are completed with the exception of one, need a new banister rail fitted. Just the greenhouse to get sorted out and the garden replanted then that will be it. I’ll be settled in my perfect home surrounded by my memories.
Still discovering the area. Want to visit Tremanton Castle, only open 3 days a week. Then there is Ince castle, although not a proper castle just a large house built on the ruins of a castle. The house is not open to the public but the gardens are.

Breakfast meets to be set up with this club plus the Cornish MGOC meets to attend. I’ll be at the a National next month. Might get around to plan a trip up to Scotland but I’ve not made my mind up yet. Going to be attending the East Kiby meet in July. Other than that there’s not much planned.

On the downside of things, there’s always a downside. The estate of my late god son is causing all sorts of problems. I’ve stayed out of it as best as I can. Kept my opinions to myself although my god sons ex wife is trying her hardest to get me involved. The ex-wife has been charged by the police with fraud and theft of my god son’s estate. Seems she has opened some accounts in his name plus items of value have been removed from the house. Apparently with my authorisation. I do not have any authority over the estate.

My god sons brother has had to fly back from Brazil to deal with it all. It was him who got the police involved. I have had a couple of phone calls from the police to clarify the situation and may have to give a statement to my local cop shop.
Why do people have to be so greedy, a bit like the panic buy shopping that is going on currently.

Well that’s it for this months round up. Will keep the diary going and will start posting up a few more photos from time to time.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote