View Single Post
Old 26th February 2020, 20:54   #451
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
That seems a lot money.
I only pay £171 for mine, full comp + protected.

But what I do is set aside about 3 hours and do a brand new quote on each of the Comparison sites.
Open each one in a new tab it's amazing how the prices alter over a 3 hour time period.
Then pick what seems to be the best and pay.
I never add any extra's apart from have protected bonus.
Ah! But you do not own one for “show and one with plenty of go”. There are quiet a few insurance companies that are happy to insure Banana, but getting insurance on the Bear is a different matter. Because of the supercharger.

When I first bought the Bear the online insurance quote was £6,600 for my Essex post code. For Allen’s post code in Saltash that dropped to £2,250. Take away the supercharger, still with Allen, and the quote dropped to £600.

Banana is no longer in her standard guise. She has modifications, which I list. That goes for the Bear as well.

So compared with your insurance mine will always be higher. Plus take in consideration my age and medical conditions.

I’m happy with the quotes as my insurance is also “all in”. All the extras like breakdown, lost keys, curtesy car, legal fees, personal insurance is all included in the price.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote