Thread: New Project
View Single Post
Old 8th February 2020, 17:14   #46
Abott10

Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
I can’t see that there is any path for the coolant to leak via the turbo. Oil yes but not coolant going into the inlet side. Unless there was a crack in the turbo housing or your inlet manifold is not compressing the elastomer gasket sufficiently, ie warped and/or the bronze coloured bushes have pulled through the manifold
Today's update.

Got the engine thoroughly warmed up and the steam-mist from the twin Silencer pipes was minimal throughout. Did not want to stress the new Pistons, Rings and Cylinder Liners as they will need bedding in but, gave the throttle a few blasts up around 4,000 rpm and there was a brief puff of steam but only a fraction of what happened soon after that first warm up. Still more than I hoped to see though although very brief and not continuous as with that first start-up.

So things are improving. I started my MG6 1.8T parked alongside at the time as a yardstick measure and there was almost no steam from that car's exhaust cold engine or fully warmed up.

I may drill a small hole in the silencer to allow any accumulated rain water or condensation ( built up after well over a year unused ) to drain. This worked well on my other ZT-T. Quite a lot of water immediately drained out from the small hole I drilled. It certainly reduced those clouds of white steam on cold morning start ups. MoT Emissions not affected ..

I fitted a Klarius Silencer myself... to both cars :~

Jury still out but, most signs are positive ..... so far.
Abott10 is offline   Reply With Quote