View Single Post
Old 20th December 2018, 00:02   #19
neilbaker86
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Yeah had this earlier on this evening, driving on the CME in Newcastle.

Woman in a Nissan Juke with super bright DRLs, didn't realise she had no light on, so I made a point of flashing my lights at her.

I came off the same sliproad as her, and she was turning left, and I right, so as I pulled alongside, I wound down my window and tooted my horn.

It was as if I was invisible, she was looking straight ahead with blinkers on, so as the traffic was at a standstill, I actually got out of the car and rapped on the window of her car.

She looked at me miming winding the window down in what can be described as utter confusion, so I shouted loudly through the closed window at her that she was driving without her lights on.

Not a glimmer of anything resembling common sense, and off she drove still with no lights on, you couldn't make it up

My wife was sitting in the passenger seat, and couldn't believe the complete stupidity of it all, so that's my rant, DRL's and instrument packs that illuminate even with the lights turned off.

Brian

Agree with DRLs, the same goes for these new LCD 'virtual cockpit' type instrument clusters, because they are backlit constantly it is less noticeable when you don't have any lights on. On traditional dials you can't see them without.
neilbaker86 is offline   Reply With Quote