View Single Post
Old 19th December 2018, 23:59   #18
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbaker86 View Post
I don't undertake on a motorway when I can pass them in lane 3, but I will on a dual-carriage way when lane 1 is completely NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- empty (and on a motorway when lane 3 is also blocked usually with some idiot at the front of a queue refusing to pull back in to lane 2 or 1). What I think is unsafe is other people who are too lazy or ignorant to pull back in to lane 1 turning a three lane motor way effectively in to one. I don't sudden fly past in lane 1 for no reason, I will have been sat behind them at a safe distance for some time before I give up, and this is mostly on a dual-carriage way where lane 3 is not an option.

It's a bit like when I see other motorists driving with their rear fog lights on when it isn't foggy, or no headlights, I give them a flash in attempt to make them aware something is amiss, but 9/10 they just carry on as they were, if they haven't noticed that they don't have their lights on then they probably wont notice me flashing them.

Some people seem to get behind the wheel and totally switch off, or make the actual act of driving about 8 or 9 on their list of things to do.
Yeah had this earlier on this evening, driving on the CME in Newcastle.

Woman in a Nissan Juke with super bright DRLs, didn't realise she had no light on, so I made a point of flashing my lights at her.

I came off the same sliproad as her, and she was turning left, and I right, so as I pulled alongside, I wound down my window and tooted my horn.

It was as if I was invisible, she was looking straight ahead with blinkers on, so as the traffic was at a standstill, I actually got out of the car and rapped on the window of her car.

She looked at me miming winding the window down in what can be described as utter confusion, so I shouted loudly through the closed window at her that she was driving without her lights on.

Not a glimmer of anything resembling common sense, and off she drove still with no lights on, you couldn't make it up

My wife was sitting in the passenger seat, and couldn't believe the complete stupidity of it all, so that's my rant, DRL's and instrument packs that illuminate even with the lights turned off.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote