View Single Post
Old 20th August 2018, 18:46   #141426
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Thank you for the kind words Freddie,Steve, Rod, Willyheheckaslike,Phil,Jeff.Rich.

Afternoon all, I've been ferrying relatives & visiting as a lot of our lot don't drive.

He's a pitiful sight at the moment lying in bed with his head back & eyes rolled up into his head & shaking violently.

I inquired about the 'organ failure' they told us over the weekend & now they're saying it could be the trauma from having the catheter inserted! He's been treated for kidney problems for a while now.

His catheter bag has a lot of blood in it.

We arranged for some body lift equipment to get him out of bed without bruising him & taller commode to be delivered today, they turned up as we couldn't get hold of them over the weekend.

Again thank you to everybody, now that I've finished for today I think I'll have a couple of sherries tonight & get some sleep.
Ian, that’s an odd thing for them to say, given your dads deterioration started with a stroke, before he was catheterised. Does he have a urinary tract infection? is he in kidney failure? or is it Septicemia? is it multiple organ failure? Questions they should be able to answer from his tests, instead of guessing that “it could be the catheter”. You might think about getting a second opinion or asking to see the consultant for the facts. Hopefully your dad will improve with the correct treatment.

In the meantime have a peaceful evening and a rest, you have earned it.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote