View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2018, 21:26   #3
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Ah! I remember well that first meet when I turned up in the "new" MG 6 & 'alf. I remember the first time I ever met you and Jan, at the National in Calne, and instantly fell in love with a certain Firefrost ZT.

I have loved attending the meets you have put together Ian, we had some laughs, some cracking unusual raffles.
I know where you are coming from regarding meets. I have had 3 cars drop out from my first meet tomorrow, "Cars under the stars", thought I would try a mid week meet for a change.

I hope to meet up with you and el Bandito at some point. All the best for keeping the Nationals up and running, not an easy job I would imagine.
Thanks Bob
Yes there's certainly been a giggle or three along the way..
I must admit I'd forgoten all about the raffles with prizes that money couldn't buy. ..What was it? "a years supply of fresh veg that consisted of a small bag of compost and a packet of carrot seeds"
Regarding the nationals
I know that in an ideal world everyone would have a national on their doorstep but I always try to find a family friendly location around the country with other things to do over the meet weekend. The next national in August is at the Anglesey Transport Museum with panoramic views of Snodownia as a backdrop. The social side (evening eats and drinks) is growing and I've introduced a national meet Saturday run to somewhere interesting in the area and will be posting details for the August Sat run in a few days.
As you say not always an easy task but mostly very enjoyable.
Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday at Powderham mate.

Cheers Ian
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote