Thread: Kidney stent
View Single Post
Old 17th December 2019, 09:49   #10
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

I went to LGI's XRAY dept yesterday, thinking I was there for an XRAY, but once there they said it was a consultation with the consultant surgeon, who would actually do the deed.

The previous consultant I spoke to said one kidney dead and beyond saving, one deteriorating that needs to be salvaged with a stent and only one stent fitted to the better one.

Yesterday I was told it was not dead and worth fitting stents to both.

I have just reached the limit of my patience with the live in partner (long story of worsening issues) I had and said last week don't bother coming back, but collect your things. She has been absent a while from here.

I'm presently chatting with a woman in Edinburgh (Wendy), who is coming down for a week 21st to 28th Jan, to see how we get on. Her week off work.

I explained to the consultant I am living alone at the moment, just me and two dogs, with no one able to house/dog sit if I were absent for long, unless the op was between 21st and 28th.

Wendy is well aware of my problems down here and has agreed to help out where she could. The consultant checked her appointments diary and asked if Friday 24th for the op would work for me, to which I readily agreed.

So there we have it, all fixed up and in a remarkably short time period. I was expecting it to take months before this op..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote