View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2019, 16:11   #26
bsabantam

ROVER 75

Default 2.o cdti auto fuel consumption

Following a tank of standard supermarket diesel the fuel consumption went back to 32.56 mpg, I exhausted the tank and filled up with esso performance diesel and went on a run from Wolverhampton to Exeter and from Wolverhampton to Bath and normal average driving and the returns are as follows first tank 41.43 mpg and second tank 42.97 mpg.
Esso super diesel is working for me although more expensive the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages of running supermarket fuel, I know the additives in the Esso fuel are working as I have proof and have checked for brake binding and know all the filters were changed at the last service.
Ownership and enjoyment are great knowing that I can get a decent return on fuel economy.
Mot due next month, I will be flushing engine with BG power restorer and adding the diesel fuel treatment to keep the engine performing as it should.
The engine has now covered 99000 miles and used very little oil as yet.
Just need to improve the radio reception to the aftermarket multi media nav system, its wired through the existing antenna plug, Ive tried a booster aerial and this was even worse.
bsabantam is offline   Reply With Quote