View Single Post
Old 17th February 2020, 18:24   #327
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc3725 View Post
Thanks mate appreciate the comments. To be honest we don't suffer too much corrosion outside the norm here. I suspect being stuck between the coast and the Moors helps.

Very kind mate. Yea I wouldn't want to do some of the jobs on a drive or the road. Having a garage makes it a lot easier.
I thought about posting this mamoth restoration thread so it might help others with the car being stripped. Also it gives me a decent historical line for the car

Appreciate your comments

Incredible work, Jon. All the pics really help bring the project to life (and can act as a useful aid to the rest of us).

Quick question if I may - All of my rear suspension/brakes etc. is new (fitted by my mechanic). But now I'm going round all the wheel arches etc. tackling surface rust and rust-proofing and so on - in a similar, though much less involved, way as yourself

Having had a look underneath at the rear, it looks at though I'll need to drop the tank and subframe to tackle all the surface corrosion at work about those areas. So, is it a big job to drop the rear suspension (I have a garage and a pit, thankfully). Or, is it as simple as removing the top 4 strut nuts, then undoing the 4 subframe bolts and the 6 trailing arm bolts - to drop everything? Shouldn't have to deal with any seized nuts/bolts (as these are all new ).

Might have to invest in a gearbox trolley to support all once it's worked loose..

Cheers,
Karl.
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote