View Single Post
Old 13th January 2020, 13:36   #14
Gunnerhavesome
Avid contributor

2001 Rover 75 2.0 V6 Con SE, Range Rover P38 4.6 for my Russian winter home

Location: France Feb to October/Sevastopol Crimea November to Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannage View Post
you make some fair points. The reality is that I am absolutely desperate for a car given the state of first buses, having moved from near the centre of Leeds to the outskirts. Having looked around for my budget, I simply fell in love with this car. As you say, there are issues, but I'm willing to put in some work and hopefully get those resolved! If it goes disastrously wrong then I'm not going to be too upset at that price.
No problem, I was in Manchester and had no vehicle but was offered a job on a Thursday to start on the next Monday and needed to get a car to get there. (so yes desperate)I had been looking at cars and had decided on a 75 or a Jag as they where in budget and a great car. Spotted a car I liked spoke to the dealer and thought this is it. Hopped the train to Leeds walked to the dealership and was shown the car I had seen in the advert. As much as I needed a car and wanted a 75 this was not the car for me. I need say no more than the advert and the dealer had been flexible with the truth.
I got the train back to Manchester and browsed a popular car website and found a 75 in Manchester and found my 75 which I didn't even test drive and took it. At this point some might say WHAT But buying on a credit card gives you protection and at the price it cost was worth the risk.

5 years later on new tyres and only a few issues and you will see them if you look at my posts and yes a costly water pump in France but other than that love the car but buy a car without issues in the first place. Why inherit someone else's problems that they might already have spent money on trying to fix.

Good luck to you but there are some good 75's out there

Last edited by Gunnerhavesome; 14th January 2020 at 08:54..
Gunnerhavesome is offline   Reply With Quote