View Single Post
Old 26th July 2019, 09:56   #147690
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Morning Phil, I haven’t even taken the script to the chemist yet, I have been too busy looking after mum, who is not making any progress yet, as per. my post last night.

When looking after a parent its all so very easy to switch over to autopilot and neglect your own health, but nothing prepares you for what lies ahead.

Both my mother and father suffer ill health, and when my father went into hospital with heart failure nothing prepared us for what laid ahead. Looking after my mother was extremely hard work, and when my father came out of hospital we had to care for them both.

Thankfully overtime my father became strong again, he's a strong stubborn begger and managed to cheat death, so he now cares for them both as he always has done. This has given my wife and I a huge break, we only now need to oversee a few things on a weekly basis. But the time will come again where they will not be able to care for themselves, and we will find ourselves in another similar situation as before. This time I will most probably have to get power of attorney, this on its own is a stressful ordeal to go through, nothing is ever easy.

The care from the NHS is very limited, thankfully with the help from my wife made things easier for me, so its very important Richard to get someone to help you.

I hope your mother gets better, don't let her give up.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote