View Single Post
Old 27th February 2023, 15:42   #10
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

The antenna is most likely not the best of the bunch so you should take that into account. I have reset the GPS reception while my car was standing still. It took only 2 to 3 minutes. Getting a fix in a moving car is likely to need more time. If possible: get your car out of the garage, reset the GPS and check how long it takes to get a fix. It might surprise you

You could consider buying an alternative antenna (you were thinking shark fin but that's a huge operation since you will have to remove the headlining to be able to mount it on the roof). As a test you could place the (new) antenna at the left or right A pillar on the dashboard. Or at the center for that matter. I had it in the right corner *on* the dash in my ZT-T and it didn't seem out of place (well, not really ). It's not that difficult to connect the antenna, you would only have to loosen the head unit, pull it out and connect the antenna. If testing is successful you might consider placing it under the dash. For which you would have to remove the head unit of course. I cannot recommend a specific type of antenna. They are all more or less generic I believe.

As for your display configuration: I have never used the split screen functionality. I am more of a "clean desktop" kind of guy :mrgreen: And since I am using Agama I haven't felt the need to use the original menu with it's options. Sorry about that

I hope you get the TTFF (TimeToFirstFix) sorted so you can keep enjoying the Erisin

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote