View Single Post
Old 27th February 2023, 08:58   #9
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Hello Sjonnie here are some fresh news.
As I've done a 100km journey yesterday I was able to use the GPS test app along the way to get a clearer idea of what's happening.

The aerial does work but... the received signal looks rather weak. I could see lots of satellites (up to 15 and more) but mainly orange or yellow coloured. It took 20km or more (because of the reset I guess, I was starting from a blank canvas) to get the "3D Fix" and three green signals at last then Waze became usable and fully functional after a few more km.

Hence I fear I'm back to square one and it leaves me 2 explanations IMHO:
- either the GPS aerial provided (unlike yours coming from a previous Vince) isn't powerful enough
- or the place I've chosen (behind the Erisin, inside the right 'jaw') isn't good enough to catch a full signal.

What are you thoughts?
A weak aerial or a bad spot?
I feel rather uneasy to take off once more all the stuff: the best is the enemy of the good as one says...
But if it's necessary, let's do it.

BTW I would like to save my favourite display configuration when starting up (split screen with WAZE on the left, TORQUE on the right and MUSIC playing in the background - I know, I'm a bit demanding!), rather than messing in the menus every time. Is it possible?

Thanks for you invaluable help.
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote