View Single Post
Old 17th December 2011, 22:53   #25
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
will do not any harm to solder it back up tho if i pull the fuse will it .or just use bullet connectors?
Thinking about it, if you unplugged the FBH before the T4 the K-Bus being cut would make no difference... AFAIK the T4 can't really do anything with the FBH anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
The FBH if the outside temp. is low enough doesn't shut down even when the coolant is fully warm it goes into idle mode

72C = part load operation, anything above 76.5 the control idle mode cuts in, if the temperature drops then drops below 71C it will resume part load operation if the coolant temperature drops further as a result of heavy demand from the vehicle heater the FBH will resume full operation at 56C.

Shutdown proceedure after engine switched off:

175 seconds full load operation, 100 seconds part load.

Hope this helps.

Russ
Thankyou for the info - makes a bit more sense now

After my journey tonight...

When I started the car, it was at 33° C (still warm from my last journey).

It took 6 minutes of driving to get from 33° C to 75° C - I pulled over for a little while and noticed that the FBH seemed a lot louder than usual.

After a ~19 mile journey, the max temp attained was 84° C - it seemed to get to ~79° C quickly, then rise very slowly.

Could this mean my FBH is working properly now? Will give it another test tomorow...
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote