View Single Post
Old 10th June 2021, 19:15   #160474
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Oops, sorry Ian! I was editing and reposting. That's why my original post disappeared.

When I was on the driving course our instructor would speak to the driver of a passenger service and we'd take over the train and the driver would park himself in the first carriage. One driver made a derogatory comment about freight drivers not being able to handle passenger services. Give George, our instructor, his due, he cut the driver right down by pointing out that one of the services we ran at my depot was bring a 1,300 ton coal train down a 1 in 36 gradient from a local coal mine. The journey was only achieved by skilful train control or you'd end up in the sand drag then derailed at the bottom of the hill. The driver quickly shut up and sloped back to the carriage

LOL Nice one instructor, I cant get to grips with those enormous American freight CSX multi diesels simulator I'm either too heavy on braking or too much wheel slip for the weight I get bored driving at 25mph max

This new Cathcart circle line game is 25 quid It'll have to wait until I'm flush again
I've been sending dovetail games an email at least once a week for the last six months to get the ECML Class 90 from York to Waverley station done but they reckon getting licences from BR to create the game is really slow going.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote