View Single Post
Old 27th September 2018, 18:14   #9
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Your jumping too fast - firstly any Mayo in the oil filler cap or on your dipstick -if not all maybe OK?

Secondly top up the coolant ( dont overfill the tank as it will cause cooolant to evacuate the expansion tank ) give her a good 10 mile thrash at 70 - park up and leave till next morning - open expansion tank cap and if silent all well and good - no exhaust gases in the coolant system - if a clear hiss of escaping gas then that points to exhaust gas in the coolant tank and therefore likely HGF - also when you open the tank see if you can smell exhaust gas in the tank.

If all OK - i would get her on a ramp in a garage to do a coolant pressure test - has saved me twice - could be a perished hose leaking or failing water pump or maybe also am IMG failure - but i would thought you would see this when running the negine for a good time on the drive and looking closely at the plastic inlet manifold .

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote