Thread: Battery suspect
View Single Post
Old 26th July 2015, 11:09   #3
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbrooks View Post
Two breakdowns inside 2 weeks now. Fortunately the 2nd is outside home.
The first time I was just getting the clicks and the battery was fully charged, then she fires first time. It's been started a few times inside 2 weeks, but the car has been stood for a week while we were away on holiday.

If it is the battery I'll just go buy another. This is only my second battery since I bought the car new in 2002. First battery lasted 7 or 8 year. This one 5 or 6 years.

What is the best battery for our cars?
I currently am running a "lion" battery which I acquired from eBay for about £55 with postage, it been in there nine months now and have had no problems with it, even though I am using extra amps and a inverter. I have bought Bosch batteries in the past and they are excellent. But the Bosch ones are twice the price of what I paid last. It is completely up to you, as if you spend more it may last longer (but I have a five year guarantee and five years is good for a car battery)