View Single Post
Old 26th October 2020, 11:19   #1
Rp61973
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Classic

Default MG ZT Shenanigans

My Brothers is after an auto MGZT or 75 diesel. He found a low mileage MGZT on Autotrader, located in Middlesex. The owner proceeded to proudly tell him it had passed every MOT without advisory. My Brother looked up the MOT history on the DVLA website, which suggested the vendor may have been 'gilding the lily' somewhat - several advisories were there to see on the history!

My Brother then tried to arrange a viewing yesterday. The vendor told him he was busy until around 4pm. My Brother told him he didn't want to view the car when the light was failing and suggested he could be there for around 3pm instead. My Brother quizzed him a bit and asked him if anyone had viewed the car, to which the vendor replied they hadn't, but had offered bids of around £1,700 without viewing the car.

Lo and behold during the course of yesterday the vendor changed the asking price from just over £2,600 to just under £3,500. What is wrong with people? My Brother wisely put this down to the vendor being a dreamer/timewaster.

My Brother is viewing a 75 today in Birmingham. Fingers crossed he has some better luck!