View Single Post
Old 15th December 2015, 06:55   #123
cy80rg
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Morning all,

After noticing water in the drivers side foot well, did my ns plenum last night - sure enough blocked and full of water.

Unblocked, and the water drained out.

Sponged as much as poss out last night...

Have had the heating on "Hi" , using the floor vents to dry it out more.

Driving in this morning, the foot well's got about an inch of "dirty" water, and the rear foot wells full again!

IN particular, the "bowl" under the drivers seat that the vent is in seems to fill up first - if I didnt know better I'd say the water was actually coming out of the vent? Is this even possible?

More likely (hopefully) I just havent mopped it all out yet?

FWIW, when I went to refit the carpet trim in the drivers door, the clips were "glued" in with black mastic - I removed this to refit the clips.

This is in the upper edge of the body (rather than the underside of the door), so I dont believe water can get in there?

Also, I've just had the "reinforced handbreak compensator" mod fitted - anything in there that could have been left off / undone etc, allowing water in?

The passenger side of the car is dry as should be.

I did the new gaskets in the rear lights last year, and the boots fine.

Just looking for some reassurance, or something else to check?

Ta, and Happy Christmas!

Quick thought...

I havent cleared my OS plenum yet - a mate said that as the "drainage area" went across to the other side ("full width") it would drain through the NS plenum I'd cleared...

Reading this thread, I see later models *didnt* go accross like this, so wont drain the OS through the NS drain?

Have seen lots of info on clearing the NS drain, but not for clearing the OS (those threads mostly say you only need to bother with the NS).

Can anyone point me at such a "how to"?

Think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet, get down in the rain and clear both plenums again... oh joy...

Also, when fitting the "aquarium foam" mod - which area am I looking to fill, the whole area of the "plenum tank" behind the pollen filter?

Last edited by Dragrad; 15th December 2015 at 23:31.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)
cy80rg is offline   Reply With Quote