View Single Post
Old 13th April 2022, 18:24   #9
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveo138 View Post
I've had a grovel on the floor and checked F36 again, this time with a meter rather than by eye. Fuse is OK.

I also checked F8 and that is OK too.

While I was there, I pulled F32 again, so the locking is working until the next time I turn on the ignition.

What I have been doing is pressing the internal lock button to lock the doors, then open the driver's door and lock with the key. This doesn't super-lock or arm the alarm, but it also doesn't lock the fuel filler flap, and with the current price of diesel, that's a bit of a worry

I have considered replacing F32 with a couple of fly leads, an inline fuse and a push-to-break switch, so I can effectively reset the system before getting out and locking the car on the remote.
i'm pretty certain that i have read on one of the forums / facebook groups that the thing you describe is a failed fuse. not sure which one or where it is situated, i have searched high and low but ill be beggared if i can find it. I would still send half an hour with a meter checking every fuse i could find, costs nothing but time.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote