View Single Post
Old 13th April 2022, 10:32   #1
daveo138
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Question Another Central Locking Issue - Help!

Apologies in advance for the lengthy post.

Is there a way to test the driver's door lock actuator off the car?

I have what appears to be quite a common issue with my face-lift 75 Tourer. I was aware of the issue before buying the car, as it was mentioned in the advert:-

"The central looking unlocks fine on the button but doesn’t lock remotely unless you first pull and then reinstate fuse 32. After that it works – until the next time the engine is started and switched off after which it stops working again! A highly reputable local ex-Rover main dealer has carried out a diagnostic check and their report says “suspect new driver’s door lock motor is required”.
The doors can still of course still be locked and secured manually, and the moving locking function also works."

Having looked through various posts on the forum regarding this issue, there does appear to be a common theme with the super-locking working again after the fuse has been pulled and reinstated.

I have acquired a used driver's door actuator, supposedly tested and fully working (guaranteed for 3 months). I have tried connecting it to the door wiring to test it - with the latch in the closed position - but it behaves just as the existing one does. The doors will lock and unlock with the button on the console, but the remote button just gives a beep from the alarm sounder. As it's exhibiting the same symptoms, I don't know if the replacement unit is also faulty, or if the fault is actually somewhere else.

I'm aware that there are two motors inside the actuator - one for super-locking and one for normal locking - but the fact that it works after pulling the fuse would suggest that it isn't the lock motor that's the issue, unless I'm missing something.

Any help appreciated.
daveo138 is offline   Reply With Quote