View Single Post
Old 8th April 2020, 19:35   #5
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Thanks all, I've downloaded the original service manuals for both units, looked at the circuit diagrams, and it appears both units use the same IR processor, so the chances are it will work

The PCB layout and positioning for the IR receiver are in similar positions, so relocation of the IRED shouldn't be necessary, as there was an initial concern that the remote receiver was located beneath the volume control out of the "line of sight"

I definitely didn't want to move away from what in essence is the best of the lowline units fitted to these cars, and after I overhauled the six disc changer a couple of years back, means I can retain that.

You might question why I don't fit an all singing all dancing android choc ice marshmallow kit kat double din touchscreen nav bluetooth giblet.........the answer is simple, I like to listen to the radio, and I prefer a unit which has decent radio reception

Brian

P.S. I do have a Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB with Apple CarPlay etc etc etc, but I've installed that in the loft in a cardboard box, because it's easier than trying to fit it into the car
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote