View Single Post
Old 8th February 2019, 09:57   #21
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I’m not in a good head space and have t been for some time. My priority is to make my wedding photography business work. I also need to put more money into it. It’s a bit difficult when I’m spending £200 per month on insurance and then extra on tax, fuel, etc. As much as I’d love to keep my coupe turbo, it also needs a fortune spent on it, this is my dilemma. I love that car but do I love it enough to poor thousands more into it? Is this sensible? I don’t have a lot of money. I work full time as well which pays my bills. The photography is still very early days with hardly any bookings at this stage.

I also live at home with my parents and to be honest, it’s all too much. I want my own space and would love to be in a position where I could move out. But, again this costs money. Money that I don’t have....

Space is now also a massive issue. Some of my cars are kept in council lockups which cost me nearly £45 per month each so that’s another expense I could do without...

Also, I don’t have the skills or tools to work on my own cars. My parents don’t allow me to work on cars at home so I never bothered with buying tools or making much effort to fixing things myself.

This is all such a big distraction and a headache for me. All I want to do is focus on my future and some day get settled with my own family, my own house and hopefully some day a successful business in a job that I love doing and I am deeply passionate about. I don’t want to worry about cars anymore...
I’d love a new car that I can drive about and that’s reliable and get me from a to b without the worry of it breaking down.
When I drive my Rovers, I always have that fear of something breaking down. That’s the last thing I want when going to work or on my way to shoot a wedding.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote