View Single Post
Old 21st February 2019, 22:37   #28
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
Hi Paul, I hope your machine is settling in now and chalking up the miles?

I’m running on .6mm gap. I haven’t seen any staring difference with 1.0 or .6mm tbh. Worth a shout at least, I think my battery is on its last legs.

My Car has been Great - the Engine work and New Front Suspension have Given the Car a whole new lease of life - unfortunately I'm not driving the Car daily as i have a pickup with my current job - I have been making a point of taking her for a Good run on the weekends though

I initially had issues with a standard 1.0mm Gap - slight misfire breakup with full throttle high boost acceleration - reduced to 0.75 (if i remember correct) then down to 0.60mm after i fitted my VVC Alloy Inlet Manifold, as i experienced the same breakup issue.

on a side note.... I'm still convinced fitting the VVC manifold had a positive(?) affect on the Boost I know the port mismatch between manifold/head would suggest a negative impact on airflow/performance - However, i haven't checked to verify, but I'm sure the VVC has a larger volume plenum and with the map sensor located on the Plenum - all the differences will have some affect on the airflow/pressure and performance but is it positive or negative ? I've had a max 15psi reading from my mechanical boost gauge reading direct from the spare vacuum port on the VVC Manifold (generally peaks around 12psi)... not sure what the max boost should expect to read ....... regardless, the VVC Inlet Manifold is still better

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote