View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2007, 23:47   #10
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts
Exclamation Solution To Cables Popping Out Of Divider Box

The Mod my local Rover dealer does (once your bonnet is open of course) is to unclip the HOUSING BONNET COUPLER and rotate the SHUTTLE (divider block) 180 degrees and replace. This mod is recommended for every 75 ZT owner to do straight away before the cable nipples pop out! Location of these parts see Pictures on page 7 post no 67 of this thread.

The cable routing is such that there's a slight curve around the cable divider and hence the cable nipples are biased to pop out towards the front wing.

So the way to assemle the nipple block is so that the inner cables and nipples slot in from the engine direction. If you are not sure if your block has been turned or not CHECK IT NOW! Also put a cable tie or several wraps of tape where the single cable goes into the divider block housing.....this will stop the outer cable pulling through the housing in extreme cases.

I must have turned about 40 dividers round in the last year! Also make sure the bonnet catches are oiled every 6 months and not just every service. Happy nipple checking! I've posted this info on 260's site also ... Hope it helps.
PM me if you're unsure.

These Mods give the bonnet release lever a much more Solid feel and I have not to date had a correctly assembled cable divider pop out again.

Last edited by Jules; 10th April 2007 at 20:49..