View Single Post
Old 17th September 2019, 14:45   #899
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

PLEASE READ THIS IN FULL
If you have your name down for the meal at the hotel De Ruwenberg on Friday evening.
Apologies about this but please do NOT shoot the messenger
I have this afternoon received the email below from the hotel .
It is the menu for Friday evening.. I suspect that for some of you the choice will not be suitable..
So I've delayed giving the hotel final numbers for dining until Thursday morning..
If you wish to have your names removed from the dining list please PM me by MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY LATEST

If I do not receive a PM I will leave your name on the list..

No Comments about the menu on the forum please I don't want this post to vanish among the comments..
Thanks Ian

Sent: 17 September 2019 13:31
To: 'Ian Goldson'
Subject: RE: Group visit in September

Dear Ian,

This is the menu for Friday:

3-course € 32.50

Appetizer € 8.50
Carpaccio “De Ruwenberg” with truffle mayonnaise, pumpkin seeds, Parmesan flakes, herb lettuce and arugula
Or
Soup of double drawn Oxtail with bouquet of fine vegetables, green
Season a savory madaleine and stewed oxtail meat
Or
Various preparations of celeriac candied, cream, crispy, sweet and sour, accompanied by an orange oil, herb lettuce, crumb of hazelnut and slow-cooked salmon

Main dishes € 20.00
Veal, jam with red onion compote, sweet potato cream, sweet potato crispy, truffle sauce and salad pea
Or
Cod fried on the skin with a white wine sauce, crispy leeks and cream of sweet potato
Or
Burger of 100% pure beef served on a brioche bun with red onion confit, tomato, truffle mayonnaise and smoked cheese served with fries and coleslaw

Desserts € 8.50
mandarin bavarois, chocolate mousse, crumb of speculaas, compote orange, merengue and tuille
Or
Home made black and white brownie with marinated red fruit, crispy of white chocolate, mascarpone cream and merengues

Met vriendelijke groet,
Kind regards,
De Ruwenberg
Hotel | Meetings | Events

Last edited by Ian G; 17th September 2019 at 15:28..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote