View Single Post
Old 15th May 2014, 16:54   #1
PenfoldXT
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi 160

Default A nice welcomed surprise

So I had my car remapped by Phil. When he put the T4 on he said that the MAF was giving out abnormal readings. So would need a new MAF.

Anyways I also knew I'd need a new stat as my temperature kept dropping when going down an incline, even slight ones and would take ages to get back to normal again. Even from a cold start driving to work, which is about 7 miles it still wouldn't heat up.

So I did the in line stat mod today. Got the part from ECP for £12. Was for a 1.4 Renault 5. My god it was the hardest thing to push in. Even with grease it just wouldn't budge. So eventually had to heat the pipe up a bit to make it more pliable and got it in........somehow.

I've now noticed that my mpg for local drivingbin stop start start traffic in East London has now gone up from a miserable 22 mpg to 37 mpg. Took it on an A road stuck it in cruise at 55 mph and got back 46-49 mpg.

Can a stuck open stat make that much of a difference to mpg?

Could the dodgy stat have made the MAF give out a false reading that it was faulty? Or would I still be better off changing the MAF anyway?

Thanks I'm advance lads.
PenfoldXT is offline   Reply With Quote