View Single Post
Old 28th April 2018, 14:22   #7
hst125
Loves to post

2004 ZTT CDTi manual, 2017 Fiat 500L MPW, 1946 MG TC

Day 5:
Car buying is such a minefield! Sometimes you buy a car and after a few miles you find faults, niggles, you start to fret and wish you hadn’t done it. Sometimes you turn up and walk away because it doesn’t feel right. After two failed purchases, first car - Citroen C2 - had HGF (only discovered when I sold it, luckily eBay buyer was a gent and we did a deal to get rid) second was an MX5 which was just too frantic for my commute, and the buyer of which (eBay sale) has given me grief, I went for this 75.
As mentioned I found niggles, a couple of faults, but accepted the car on the basis of the seller’s honesty and pile of bills, set to using the car for my 23 mile cross country commute..
After a few hours spare this week I’ve started working away at the list of jobs, thinking I could have dismissed this car so easily, but today’s drive to work and home again in Saturday shopper traffic - well I have to say, it just gets better and better. The drive is so effortless yet swift, only gripe is the cool heater, just waiting the stat. I went the long way round to dodge the traffic and I could have gone on for miles. I’ve just parked up outside and there’s something Bentley about this car, the colour, stance, wheels - we’ve a Bentley main dealer in the village and a Continental pulled out in front in near enough the same hue!
Sometimes you get a car and it turns out to be just right, or even better....