View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2019, 21:28   #4
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblo_Boy View Post
Thanks for the link and advice...but I went ahead and ordered a second hand subframe complete with arms etc., as it was cheaper than two new upper arms.

Only problem is I've checked out 4 local garages already, and none of them want to do the work! Too many problems with taking out the old subframe they reckon . I have found one who says he'll do it now, so fingers crossed it goes smoothly, as £50+ an hour for mechanic's time is no joke...
Your lucky to find a garage that will fit supplied second-hand parts, most won't even fit supplied new parts.

The arms rot from the inside out so hope you checked them very carefully or you could be in the same position in a year or two.

To me, fitting second-hand arms is a false economy with them being known as a high corrosion part, same as the rear brake plates.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote