View Single Post
Old 20th April 2016, 15:06   #5002
DaPol
Loves to post

75 CDTi Saloon

Today I have mostly sworn a lot as some little s**tbag appears to have reversed into when I was parked up and then driven off without leaving as much as a note, and for some reason my dashcam didn't catch the car I suspect did it driving off

8" gouge in the lacquercoat on my NSR wheel arch, there's a fairly sharp fold in the panel, and their paint left on my rear bumper and also on my wheel.

I've paid the shopping center this happened at a tenner to see if they can find the impact on CCTV (they consider this a DPA Subject Access Request and charge accordingly). I should hear in the next fortnight.

If they find the reg number of the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- who did this then the local police are getting a "Failing to stop" to investigate, and experience says that if you provide this lot with a reg number they're pretty good at putting the frightners on the runaway driver (somebody did this to my girlfriends motorcycle last year - were very suprised with the Traffic cruiser appeared and two slightly surly police officers started making pointed observations about the neat semicircle cut in their rear bumper that was almost exactly the shape of a motorcycle exhaust....)

Not taking this one near the insurance, as given what these cars are going for these days, I'll end up with a ding to my NCD, no money and having to pay myself my excess to retain the car.

It's still drivable, but the plan I had to try and make it genuinely nice has pretty much just been sunk.
DaPol is offline   Reply With Quote