View Single Post
Old 25th August 2019, 20:52   #406
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Expensive breakfast......................

............................................ only cost £259.

Actually my breakfast did not cost me anything, it was paid for by Ross, (Cengar on here), it was his way of saying thank you for me collecting a set of wheels from Matt Darke and delivering them to Ross at Trevaskis Farm. Only doing my bit via the Pony Express.

Today’s breakfast meet was a great success, my first attempt at putting a meet like this together since moving to Cornwall. 11 cars including a Ford Focus and a Streetwise. After the meal 5 cars went to Par market near St.Austell. Another 5 cars went up to the top of Kit Hill to look at the view. The 11th car went home.

Banana led Oily, Leafy, Grovey and Speedy Boy to Par market via the scenic route. We had a wander around the market but no as good as it was this time last year. We discovered a stall selling a Rustic Furniture plus lamp standards and small tables. Well, I fell in love with a certain lamp with a matching shade. We saw that the furniture shop had a store out on the main road.
A visit me thinks.
Ross and Anita left us at this stage as they had a fair journey home. That left us 4 to go and look in the store.

Hence me parting with my debit card. Bought a cracking lamp, in natural wood and a matching table. Once paid for Allen very kindly carried the lamp out to Banana, John carried the table, Nina carried the lamp shade and I carried the light bulb with the receipt.
Then the decision was made that next cup of tea would be back at my place. Nina was the only one that had not seen the new home.
So with Leafy leading Bana, Grovey and Speedy Boy we returned to home.

Parking was tight but we all found somewhere to park. Banana was outside the garage.
John wanted to see the model car collection so whilst I showed him, Allen and Nina made the tea. Once made I then showed Nina around the house.
The lamp and table had now made into the house and is sited between the 2 sets of patio doors.

We sat and chatted till it was time for my guests to make there way home. With a hug from the women and a shake of a hand from men they was gone.
Now it’s dark outside and my new lamp is on. Love it.

Thanks for reading.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote