View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2019, 20:44   #405
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Who in their right mind.....................

............................... Would nick a dustbin of garden rubbish out the back of my ZTT. Well, that’s what I found had happened today at the local rubbish tip. Having done quite a lot of gardening done yesterday, cut the grass, weeded, trimmed the hedge and cut the flowers back at the front of the house.

Had a parcel delivered this morning, so I ended up with a very large cardboard box plus all the old newspapers used in the packing to get rid of. So with the bin full of garden rubbish off to the tip we went. Since selling Redfive, the Bear has now become my workhorse, not only that the bin fits in the back of the Bear better than Banana.

So I pulled up at the tip and opened the tailgate, got rid of the packing from the box. Came back and got the box, which I had flat packed. When I got back to the Bear my bin was missing. You know that feeling when you start to doubt yourself, i’m Sure I put it in the car. Just then one of the tip workers came back with my empty bin. “Thought I would help you, but I will need to look under the bonnet of the car as I have heard about these V8’s but never seen one”.

So with the empty bin stowed, the bonnet was opened. In a flash we had a few admirers. A few questions about the car like, “Who done the conversion?” Or “WTF is that square thing on the top?” And, “Wow! I’ve heard this going around Saltash.”
I thanked the worker at the tip for emptying the bin.
Popped into B & M’s to get a couple of light bulbs for my outside light at home.
Then I went shopping at Morrison’s in Liskeard. Gives the Bear a run. Not much to get just a few essentials, bread, wine and gin.

Home and unloaded the shopping. Swept out the Bear and washed out the bin. Shopping away.
Then I set about sorting out my outside light at the front. Took a bit of figuring out how the top/shade/cover came off. Then I realised that it unscrewed. Just needed a new bulb, pleased with myself that I had sorted it out. Next light to be looked at is the security light in the back garden.
Another lighting job done is me putting a LED strip light in the garage.

When Sold Redfive I sent the V5 off to the DVLA. In return they sent me a rebate on the road tax, £81.46. Also ERNIE sent me a cheque for £25. So last Tuesday I caught the bus into Plymouth and went to the bank to pay the cheques in. Lovely cashier sorted it all out for me.

Got the blind man coming tomorrow morning, no he can see, well I hope he can. Going to have some blinds put up on 6 of my windows, just need that extra bit of privacy.
Then hopefully I can get up to Matt’s as Banana needs two new key fobs and a quick T4 check. The outside temperature sensor is playing up, it goes from -30 to +25. Just goes back and forwards, just annoying.

The Bear has now had a thorough clean inside and out plus a polish. Banana only needs a hosing down. So both cars are nice and clean again.

So that’s the progress I’ve made. Been here 10 weeks now, so no going back to the old house and DEFINITELY not going back to Essex.

Thanks for reading.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 23rd August 2019 at 06:17.. Reason: Spellin’
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote