View Single Post
Old 25th October 2014, 21:18   #131
Doc Evil
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Classic Saloon

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
Ozone is a much used device in car detailing. I've done several cars with it, and I have used it heaps of times in my previous car (to test out how it works best with certain smells) and I have heard MANY horror-stories, but not 1 problem ever.
Nor have I ever heard of any other detailer who has ever had any problem with this stuff.

The amount used by the device is very safe to use. But I do recommend to NOT sit in the car while the device is running! It has no effect on electric cables. Perhaps if you leave it in the car for 3 weeks on the highest setting, and repeat this every month orso, it could perhaps have some kind of effect. But it is perfectly safe.
Nothing more then overrated horror-stories.
Vinnie
Please do not underestimate the effects of Ozone, as stated I use it in my work I am a Doctor of Mycology. Ozone generators are used to kill any living thing in hospital operating theaters as well as many other uses but it degrades rubber and leather so it will attack your window seals and seats if hide and the seals on your heater matrix
Profesional machines come with a manual please read it it will tell you what I have posted is NOT overrated horror story but fact
Doc
I leave it up to you to take my advice or not but this is not an opinion of a well meaning forum member this is empirical advice from someone who acts as Expert Witness for Governments