View Single Post
Old 26th June 2021, 14:04   #9
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
The local news reports that we are short of manual workers due to Brexit. I don't want this to be a row about the rights or wrongs of Brexit but how can we be short of UK based workers? I cannot believe that there are no unemployed people in these areas.

Anyone that thinks those foreigners came over here taking our jobs, well, here is your chance to prove it to be true, go fill those jobs with British people!

No, this is not an anti foreigner post, far from it.

macafee2
Its an employees market again like it was pre 2002 even with furlough etc and i think thats a good thing but it will mean we all pay more for goods and services because natives, unless youthfully naive will not work for a pittance and why should they, we? A fair days work for a fair days wage!

In 1999 I took work with an employment agency working in Lincolnshire in food factories and there was 16 of us in our van, all Brits from the same town. We had a Scot and Irish lad to, it was good fun we all got on and worked hard for each other.

Then around 2002 when the Afghan war kicked off the agency's switched to these Afghani's flooding in as migrants who had none to very little English language but where happy to do all tasks and all hours demanded without any fuss we had to use hand gestures to how them what to do. We natives got dispatched to the Jobcentre in no time at all the agencys where not interested in us at all and then the eastern Europeans came. Polish are among the most hard working people i have known, nothing against them but no point importing labour just to keep wages down here is there it only serves to make supermarkets fatter!

Trouble is most folks are unaware that the food industry is very seasonal in nature and requires lots of labour in the warmer months and around holidays so agencies will always exist to satisfy the model our food industry and thus supermarkets rely on, but soon the cost of wages will have to rise to attract native workers and so prices will rise as the cost of making goods also rises. In economics its called the scarcity theory of value, (credited to a Scottish man called John Law around 1700 lol)

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels

Last edited by Retap; 26th June 2021 at 14:07..
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote