View Single Post
Old 26th March 2021, 18:34   #38
geo.k23
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Section two of the weekly check oil level, coolant water, breather pipes etc.
By now after the drive back home ( 5 miles )and doing the previous checks, the engine will had time to settle to check the oil level.

Remove the dip stick from the oil tube once again have the rag ready.

Wipe the dip stick clean leave it for a few seconds.

Remove the coolant cap slowly just in case it is still hot and pressurised, you may hear a hiss if so go slowly.

Check that the coolant O-rings are in good condition and not flat but convex like these are, if you have not already fitted Viton one my advice would be to do so when you can, these are FREE at the Nano meets.

Make sure the coolant level is just a smidge above the high level 3ml maybe that is how I like it, some like it bang on the level step.

Now back to the oil level as by this time after removing the dip stick a few second/ minutes ago the oil will have been pushed down the tube due to gravity well that my thinking, can not say it is right for sure.
Reinsert the dip stick 25 second count and remove to check the level.

As you can see mine is just above the low level I like it maybe 2ml higher

I will add little oil just enough to bring it up 2ml

Topped up cap refitted oil level sorted.
51a

51b

51c

My next job is to remove the engine cover two 8m bolts removed with a socket.

Once the engine cover is safely out of the way check all breather pipe joins for security, make sure they are not leaking, or broken if so you will need to sort them out.

follow the breather pipes to the ends and check that they are inserted properly, both by the throttle body and into the throttle body.

Also check at the front

Even though my temperature is ok and my fan kicks in when it should I always like to check into the V of the engine with a torch for thermostat leaks, as mine was changed just over two years now and still ok.

Checks finished for this week, if any members check other items in their weekly checks please add to the thread keep motoring.

This is mainly for the V6 engine but the diesel can be checked for fluids etc the same.

Arctic.
excellent post can i ask why the oil is only halfway between the minimum mark and the maximum mark am i doing something wrong whith topping up to the maximum mark
geo.k23 is offline   Reply With Quote