View Single Post
Old 19th February 2020, 19:40   #1
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Default An update post redundancy

A while ago I posted that both my son & I were being made redundant from the company I have worked for for the last 15 years & my son the last 4.
The people that owned the company also have a few other businesses & both myself & Ross were offered different positions within their business and ( after a bit of a shaky start ) I am glad to report all seems to be well.
Both Ross & I are still working together but for me ( previously the Bodyshop manager ) having taken on a completely different role ( now have to pick up more than a pen!! ) am suffering from being more physically than mentally tired!
It is great that we have been kept on by the family as they really are good to work for ( it is a good feeling for us too - to be offered a position when (sadly) many others were not ).
The only downside is we now have a 46 mile daily commute instead of the 20 from our previous workplace ( a small price to pay in my opinion ), oh, and I now have to seek permission for days off instead of deciding myself!!

Thought it would be nice to share some pleasant news.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote