View Single Post
Old 13th August 2019, 08:12   #25
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Any update on your method of linking the ZT braking system to your tow car, Abott?

I'm sure there are lots of artic drivers and professional caravanners on here that follow the rules and would disagree when you imply that they are the ones causing an accident.

Far more often, it'll be the law-breaking idiot using a mobile, etc. that causes them to swerve or brake in an emergency and ends up with them jack-knifing as you mention.

I'm not too sure how the burning Nissan is relevant here, but maybe you should put yourself in his/her shoes - they've suddenly noticed their car is on fire and who knows what thoughts are suddenly racing through their mind ? Saving their own life instantly becomes paramount and leaving you with a suitably large exclusion zone around your personal parking space is likely not to be the first thing on their mind

So when you say 'Sometimes needs must' I get the feeling that because you don't have a suitable transporter or tow car, the law (and other road users safety) go out the window ?

Hey - Abott needs to move a car, it's probably his 'human right' to do so and he'll be able to repeatedly post about it on many forums, promoting how clever he is at by-passing the law and telling everyone how the Police just don't care...

You are no longer living in the 70's or 80's, things such as towing weights and braking systems are governed for a reason.

It could, therefore, appear very irresponsible, to be regularly 'pedalling' your exploits as an acceptable way to move cars.

You are not the AA and you clearly don't have legal or safe kit to be dragging 1500kg of metal around.