View Single Post
Old 12th August 2019, 08:11   #3
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Emmens View Post
New in tank filter with new seals and the modified clip fitted.
Hello Barry,

I know that you are convinced that the cause doesn't lie with the filter but all your evidence suggests that it does, particularly the ten second priming which is much too long.

I don't have experience myself of 'fuel filter syndrome' but others who have separated the filter housing report that it is extremely difficult to reassemble it without the seal becoming slightly displaced.

I am pleased to read that, despite your arthritis (mentioned in your earlier thread), you have succeeded in renewing the crankshaft and camshaft sensors. With that in mind, this is what I think you should do next:
  1. Place a voltmeter across the fuel pump terminals during cranking to confirm that it is obtaining a supply (as I advised in your first thread).
  2. Remove the filter canister again and slowly dismantle it, looking for anything which might cause a pressure loss in the filter. Reassemble slowly and with great care. Fit the clip.

It is easy to believe that a simple thing cannot possibly be the cause of a problem. More often than not, it is.

Simon