View Single Post
Old 4th November 2016, 23:04   #1
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts
Cool Happy 10th Birthday to the Owners Club Forums

Sunday 5th November 2006 was the day The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club stood on it's own two feet for the first time and launched a website and these forums. Ten years on and we have grown beyond anyone's wildest expectations.

For those that didn't know The 75 and ZT Owners Club began life as a small element of the on-line forum mg-rover.org, the then owners of that site granted us permission to use a section of their forum and server space to bring together a place for the then recently bereft owners of our marque who had been left high and dry only a year before by the collapse of MG Rover Group. That early support network of worried owners soon grew and grew until 12 months down the line we had reached a point where we could not develop any further within the space and facilities .org had granted, thus on this day 10 years ago today the club migrated to its own servers and started hosting its own forum with greatly expanded sections specific to the 75 and ZT.

The formative team at that time responsible for getting the club's own web presence up and running were Christopher, Pete, Ken and Mike and while a few club directors and forum moderators have come and gone since then, I'm pleased to say that both Christopher and Pete are still here helping to keep the Owners Club the premiere resource for technical help and guidance on ownership and providing a great support platform for like minded members to discuss their cars, their hobbies and their man cave tinkering.

With our cars now being out of production for some eleven years, the club's role of providing a place to come when you need help, advice and camaraderie is as essential today as it has ever been in order to keep as many examples on the road as possible.

For my part, I joined the owners club a year later in 2007 when I discovered its existence, and enjoyed visiting the site and attending national meets as well as contributing to the club's databank of information in my own small way Then in 2010 when the club encountered some internal turbulence I was privileged to be chosen to be part of the new moderation team, and I've been here ever since

So ten years on, with a total membership of over 35,000, 238,000 threads and 2,320,000 posts we are as strong as ever and it's down in no small part to you the members

Roll on the next 10 years and everyone
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote