View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2014, 13:22   #67
MG Tom
Posted a thing or two

ex. MG ZT+

Well, its been a frantic 72 hours. I wanted it to be as close to perfect for its new owner Jason, so the following has been carried out:

Fuel filter changed and orange clip fitted.

I was disgusted with the condition of the old one - no way should these be lifetime fit - change every 100k is my advice. A good tip is I used my oil filter wrench with the nut nipped up to hold the housing up out of the tank. Also make sure both seals are fitted to the top of the tank (one sits inside the other) BEFORE lowering the fllter housing.

Black washer bottle lid fitted.

Auto-dimming rear view mirror fitted (Just needs new owner to connect up behind the glovebox...)

Waist trim clips sealed with hot glue (allowing easy removal in the future if required).

Both 75 rear lights fitted, these are a subtle mod but look fabulous.

Air bag and seatbelt pretensioner connectors cleaned and filled with dielectric grease.

Handbrake adjusted.

Whole coolant system checked, and one pipe replaced as there was some pink staining on the reinforcement mesh - its important to cut these silicone pipes cleanly. All vacuum tested and filled and spot on.

And finally the crank sensor. What a PAIN!! It sheared off flush with the bell housing meaning lots of drilling, picking out and general nuisance, removal of coolant pipes for access, wrong part supplied so a barny with EuroCarParts resulting in me having my pants pulled down, burnt my hand on my hot knife scrambling around under the car at midnight and up again at 6am... It was a nightmare, but all sorted and a genuine Siemens sensor fitted.

The offending bit!

As a result the car is looking and running amazing, with just a few jobs for Jason to do to get it finished.

Full detail, engine bay, interior, exterior, boot, spare wheel well, the works. Quick once over with some carnauba wax too.

And isn't she lovely. God I'm gutted to have sold it, thought I was actually going to cry when I picked the new owner up from the station. Jason was a thoroughly decent bloke and promises to finish the car and look after it. He went away delighted and with the car fully loaded with spare parts, wheels etc. He wants to keep a project thread running so the car should still be familiar to forum owners. I may just buy it back one day.

Anyone else think he got a bargain?
My project thread HERE
MG Tom is offline   Reply With Quote