View Single Post
Old 4th October 2019, 20:40   #15
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
@SD1too, checked the oil the way that you told me and it's perfectly at level, also added a hidraulic lifter additive and drove about 30 miles and nothing has changed... So I therefore think too that this may be the tensioner or idler as you previously told me. On this occasion I will replace the whole distribution kit, and I have a few questions about it. In order to do this job properly, what are the things that one should give more attention to? And also, which parts should be replaced to have the complete distribution properly done?

Also, until replacing the distribution, is it a temporary fix that would make this tapping noise go away? It really kills me

And can somebody explain how that noise really happens and if it can damage something further if left unattended?
To do the job properly is to fit the complete kit.

The noise will only go away when you find and replace the part making it.

The dipstick is a guide to the amount of oil in the sump. You will not be struck by lightning if you accidently let it fall below the lower level mark.-- in fact you would be really surprised how low it could get without ruining your engine.

This talk in previous posts about not enough pressure to fill the tappets does not make sense. If the pressure fell like that then the oil light on the dash would light up. Any air gaps in the oil train circulating in the engine will immediately put on the oil low warning light.

Exactly like air in the brake fluid lines would immediately light up the brakes warning on the dash.

Both oil and brake fluid systems must NEVER have air in them.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote