View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2018, 19:30   #17
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
+1 for the T-Cut headlamp polish kit from eBay for ~ £7.

Used on projector headlamps today, that had previously been polished (but not treated) a year ago.

Results were not brilliant, but definitely good enough after ~30 minutes. Rain stopped play. I will try again another day, and apply the sealant then.

FYI In the centre of the dipped lenses is a small circle, which indicates the centre of the beam. My efforts were concentrated around there.

PS I took the opportunity to change both dipped headlamp bulbs, ready for the winter

I have to confess my car has reflector lamps with LED bulbs burning at 5 thousand Kelvin slightly whiter than Daylight which is 4,200 Kelvin. It took me over two years to find the bulbs I wanted with the correct colour temperature and the correct Lux with the same focal length as the original.
I now have to apologise to everyone I can’t find the boxes they came in and the net book that lived in the garage at the time where I had made a note of it died in style just over a year ago. I am now using a IBM in the garage ( it’s better manually, notebook and pencil ) and backing that up on the office PC.
When she makes me down size which I see coming In the next couple of years. I don’t know what I will do as workshop, Garage, office, and shed probably have a combined floor space of 500ft2 average ceiling height about 9 foot with a total shelving space close to 800ft2. And that is not counting the 1500ft2 in the attic.
65 years of tools Man & boy. Though I have to confess to having sold the lathe and milling machines along with the panel rollers & Guillotine, as my arthritis is so bad now coupled with retiring back in 2010, rolling the odd wing for someone or turning out axels for the local Miniature Railway Club, also rolling out the panels for miniature steam trains body work. Can’t justify me keeping that kit and I have donated it to them to have in their club house. I have even shown a couple of lads it their forties how to use the equipment and one very keen lad in his twenties. As when us oldies die all our skills and knowledge go with us unless we pass it on.
Best of luck with headlamps the second part of the treatment makes quite a difference. You can use a machine on low speed with a soft buff with the part 1 compound.
Best of luck and hope you will be able to see at night again
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote